The picture of a SAHM
We'd just finished up with lunch and were getting ready for naps when I heard a knock at the front door. I walk over with Alex on my hip, and see 2 guys standing there. They looked like they were fresh out of high school. They explain they're from Kirby and they are giving away $500 raffle tickets. I ask, "What's the catch?" They say "Nothing," and they mention that they are also offering free carpet shampoos with a demonstration.
I've been through that before and I tell them that I am in no way interested, but to go ahead and give me a call if I win that $500. Ha.
Just as they're about to leave, Emily walks over to the door with her Nemo panties around her ankles.
The 2 guys leave, laughing I'm sure, and I walk Emily back to the potty. I look in the mirror and I am such a sight. It was nearly 1pm, mind you. I was wearing blue and green vertical striped pj pants, a ratty old red t-shirt complete with old (and fresh) spit up on both shoulders, had my hair in a messy ponytail, still had my glasses on, and I didn't have a bra on.
Any you know what? I didn't care.
Usually I shower before Jim leaves in the morning, and I get dressed pretty early on. I find that I move a lot quicker in the mornings when I'm all dressed. I just feel better and more awake.
But I was too busy playing this morning. Emily and I played with playdough while Alex took his morning nap. We dug out all my dolls that I played with when I was little, and we had fun dressing them and feeding them. Alex woke up and we all played on the floor, with Em and I taking turns making him laugh.
The tv was never turned on once, I didn't get on the computer until after the kids were both down for naps, and we didn't have anywhere to go today. It was just a great morning with my 2 monkeys. This is what staying home with them is all about.
Oh, and to make things even better, Emily stayed in her big girl panties all morning and peed on the potty before her nap. Yea!
I've been through that before and I tell them that I am in no way interested, but to go ahead and give me a call if I win that $500. Ha.
Just as they're about to leave, Emily walks over to the door with her Nemo panties around her ankles.
The 2 guys leave, laughing I'm sure, and I walk Emily back to the potty. I look in the mirror and I am such a sight. It was nearly 1pm, mind you. I was wearing blue and green vertical striped pj pants, a ratty old red t-shirt complete with old (and fresh) spit up on both shoulders, had my hair in a messy ponytail, still had my glasses on, and I didn't have a bra on.
Any you know what? I didn't care.
Usually I shower before Jim leaves in the morning, and I get dressed pretty early on. I find that I move a lot quicker in the mornings when I'm all dressed. I just feel better and more awake.
But I was too busy playing this morning. Emily and I played with playdough while Alex took his morning nap. We dug out all my dolls that I played with when I was little, and we had fun dressing them and feeding them. Alex woke up and we all played on the floor, with Em and I taking turns making him laugh.
The tv was never turned on once, I didn't get on the computer until after the kids were both down for naps, and we didn't have anywhere to go today. It was just a great morning with my 2 monkeys. This is what staying home with them is all about.
Oh, and to make things even better, Emily stayed in her big girl panties all morning and peed on the potty before her nap. Yea!

4 Comments:
I know that I look EXACTLY the same on those days. We don't have enough 'play' time. That sounded so sweet. I am going to try to do that more too!
Heather, that's me on the weekend for sure. I usually don't get a shower until the kids nap in the afternoon... and PJ bottoms and a T without a bra is my standard uniform. ha ha ha
okay heather I actually laughed at that one! I feel the same way sometimes!
yay for Em!
lol Heather I am the same way. Usually when someone comes to the door I look the same as you said. Wtg emily on going potty! What a big girl!
Post a Comment
<< Home