Well it seems Alex is working his way down to 2 naps a day. Which is fine and dandy, except that the kids won't nap at the same time if I keep Emily on her same schedule.
Today I moved Em's routine back a bit, and ended up going to the grocery store after lunch. I needed to get to the store, but I'd have to wait til nearly dinnertime if I waited til after Alex's afternoon nap.
It actually ended up working out well. We got back at 1:30 and both kids were ready for nap. Emily was still in a decent mood, and she didn't even try to finagle her way out of nap like she usually does. She even asked to go lie down in her bed by herself while I was giving Alex a bottle. Usually she falls asleep on the couch while Alex is finishing his bottle, and then I carry her to bed.
Alex fell asleep on his own in his crib, and Emily was out within 2 minutes of me coming to snuggle with her.
So maybe pushing back her nap is a good thing!
I think I may try Alex out in the seat of the shopping cart next time I'm at the store. He's sitting pretty well now. He still leans to the side a bit at times, but he's getting a lot stronger.
We walked past a woman with her baby in the cart, and I swear that baby only looked to be 4 months old. She was leaned back in the seat, but she sat up there pretty well. I thought, "Sheesh, if that little thing can sit there, surely Alex can manage!"
I've been lugging the infant carrier into the store on shopping trips so Alex will have a place to sit. He's too big to use it in the car, but I still needed something for trips like these. It's nearly impossible to carry him while he's in the seat. I can't get over how big that boy is getting.
Today I moved Em's routine back a bit, and ended up going to the grocery store after lunch. I needed to get to the store, but I'd have to wait til nearly dinnertime if I waited til after Alex's afternoon nap.
It actually ended up working out well. We got back at 1:30 and both kids were ready for nap. Emily was still in a decent mood, and she didn't even try to finagle her way out of nap like she usually does. She even asked to go lie down in her bed by herself while I was giving Alex a bottle. Usually she falls asleep on the couch while Alex is finishing his bottle, and then I carry her to bed.
Alex fell asleep on his own in his crib, and Emily was out within 2 minutes of me coming to snuggle with her.
So maybe pushing back her nap is a good thing!
I think I may try Alex out in the seat of the shopping cart next time I'm at the store. He's sitting pretty well now. He still leans to the side a bit at times, but he's getting a lot stronger.
We walked past a woman with her baby in the cart, and I swear that baby only looked to be 4 months old. She was leaned back in the seat, but she sat up there pretty well. I thought, "Sheesh, if that little thing can sit there, surely Alex can manage!"
I've been lugging the infant carrier into the store on shopping trips so Alex will have a place to sit. He's too big to use it in the car, but I still needed something for trips like these. It's nearly impossible to carry him while he's in the seat. I can't get over how big that boy is getting.

1 Comments:
pushing Ben's nap back made him sleep longer! so maybe that will work for you too.
and I'd bet alex can do the cart - give it a try :)
Post a Comment
<< Home