Friday, October 07, 2005

I'm so proud of her!

My little girl is finally getting the hang of this potty stuff.

Emily stood in the kitchen a couple of days ago and told me, "I go pee pee, Mom." I checked her diaper, and sure enough, her diaper was really warm. I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty and then wear her big girl panties, and she was all for it. We ask her this occasionally, but usually once she has to go she insists on having her diaper put back on.

Well since then (Wednesday morning) she's been using the potty consistently. I have to tell her when to go, but she's doing it!

She did have an accident at the park last night, but that's her only one so far. Jim had taken her for less than an hour and she really didn't want a diaper back on. So we gave it a go, and she wet her pants while she was there.

Then fast forward to today. Em was eating lunch, and I had planned on having her sit on the potty after she was done. I knew she'd be about ready. She was just about done with lunch and she said, "Mom, I hafta go potty." She was really calm about it, and she took her time getting to the bathroom, so I thought maybe she was just playing me. Lo and behold, she peed!


It is just so cute to see how proud of herself she is. She jumps up and down each and everytime, telling me, "I did it, Mommy! I got pee pee on the potty! I a big girl!" Then we run to the kitchen drawer and pick out 2 stickers - one for her shirt, and one for her potty chart in the bathroom. Then Emily insists on calling Daddy. She also tells Alex all about it.


So now we have to figure out what we do when we go out. Do we take her out in panties (and extra clothes for accidents)? Or do we put a diaper on and not risk it? I really don't want to go back and forth with the panties and diapers. Naptime seemed to confuse her as it is, but I just explained as best I could that we only use the diaper just in case she pee pees while she's sleeping. And then she gets her panties back on as soon as she gets up.

The funny thing is, she was showing no signs of this days ago. It was all just BAM! she's using the potty. She was just waiting til she was good and ready, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home