We had playgroup over at our house this evening. The kids all had a good time running around. They eventually made their way into Emily's room, which ended up being a really bad idea. Us moms went in to check on them after a short while and the room looked like it had been ransacked. Every single book and puzzle from Em's bookshelf was on the floor. Every single bin of toys had been emptied. We picked up most of the mess before everyone left, but man do I have a lot of organizing to do tomorrow. And Emily better bet her sweet patootie she's gonna be helping me. Well, as much as a 2 and 1/2 year old can help, anyway.
Both kids slept later than usual this morning, so I knew naptime was going to be pushed back. I gave Emily lunch, fed Alex his bottle, and then planned on going to the store. As Emily was finishing her lunch she announced she had to poop. She spent the next 45 minutes on the potty. I don't know if she was playing, if she was constipated, or a combination of both. But there went the idea of going to the store. Emily was upset because she wanted to go, but by the time she was done, Alex was nearly ready for his nap.
Hopefully I can get the house back into order tomorrow. A friend is coming over tomorrow with her daughter, plus she's bringing a bunch of clothes for Emily that her daughter has outgrown.
Eh, I don't have anything interesting to share. I'm hoping I can stay up to watch ER, but I'm tired. I think Jim has already fallen asleep with Emily in her bed. Alex put himself to sleep in his crib. I can hear his heavy breathing over the monitor.
Both kids slept later than usual this morning, so I knew naptime was going to be pushed back. I gave Emily lunch, fed Alex his bottle, and then planned on going to the store. As Emily was finishing her lunch she announced she had to poop. She spent the next 45 minutes on the potty. I don't know if she was playing, if she was constipated, or a combination of both. But there went the idea of going to the store. Emily was upset because she wanted to go, but by the time she was done, Alex was nearly ready for his nap.
Hopefully I can get the house back into order tomorrow. A friend is coming over tomorrow with her daughter, plus she's bringing a bunch of clothes for Emily that her daughter has outgrown.
Eh, I don't have anything interesting to share. I'm hoping I can stay up to watch ER, but I'm tired. I think Jim has already fallen asleep with Emily in her bed. Alex put himself to sleep in his crib. I can hear his heavy breathing over the monitor.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home