Monday, October 10, 2005

"You go that way."

That's what Emily has been telling me a lot these days. I've been hearing it a lot when she's going potty. I told her that the polite way to ask people to leave would be to say, "I'd like some privacy, please." So she'll say that once in awhile when she's on the potty.

She was asking me to play with her while I was giving Alex his bottle, so I told her I would in just a few minutes. I sat down on the floor with her after I laid Alex down in his crib and she said, "You go that way, Mom." I guess she changed her mind! Stinker. So I got some dishes done instead.

The house really needs a good straightening up. There are toys everywhere. The living room should be re-named "the toy room". Every once in awhile I'll shift some toys back into Emily's room, but she slowly brings them all back out. She's not one to play in her room for a long length of time, so she does all her playing in the living room. And that's where all the toys end up.
I need to figure out a new system. I want to put the pack-n-play up for Alex soon, and that's going to take up the corner where most of Emily's toys are right now.

I figured the pack-n-play might be a good idea since he's rolling so much and finding so many new things to get into. I probably wouldn't be contemplating it so much except for the fact that I'm finding myself in the bathroom with Emily pretty often now. In the time it takes me to help Emily wipe and wash her hands, Alex can move across the living room.
We never needed to use gates with Emily, and we didn't have to do any rigid childproofing, but I have a feeling things are going to be different with Alex. Even if he doesn't prove to be more of a challenge than Emily was, there's still the fact that there are two of these little people around here, and there's only one of me. I'm outnumbered!

1 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

all I can say is with a BOY I really needed gates,, but every kid is different. EIther way, you are outnumbered!
Still yay for EM for potty training... whoo hoo!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home