Aw, she doesn't want me to go
Emily and I were talking the other day about Jim going to work. She was asking why he had to go to work, which is the question that gets asked at least 5 times a day. So then she slyly said, "Mommy, YOU go to work!"
At first I thought she was implying that Jim should stay home with her and I should go to work, which wouldn't surprise me. The girl is such a Daddy's girl. Turns out she thought both of us should go. I asked her, "So me and Daddy should both go to work?"
Em: Yeah. You go to work, too.
Me: Well, you can't stay home by yourself. You and Alex will have to go somewhere where someone else can take care of you.
Em: (With big, sad eyes) But, I don't want anyone else take care of me! I want you, Mommy. you please stay home with me? I want you take care of me.
Warmed my heart. I promised her that Mommy would always stay with her while she was little. I thank my lucky stars everyday that I'm able to be with her and Alex all day. Even on days like today... ;)
This evening Emily was whining that she wanted to do a puzzle before bed. I wanted her to get to bed on time, so I told her we didn't have time. We were going to sit on the couch together while I gave Alex his bedtime bottle and watch the funny show (America's Funniest Videos). I was going to give in and tell her we could do one puzzle... Until she started jumping up and down, and giving me the whiny voice.
"But I waaaannaaaaaa do a puuuuzzzzle!"
I looked at her with my best "excuse me" look, and she stopped jumping immediately. She knows I have no tolerance for the jumping and whining bit.
She said, "See, I just jumping 'cause I was gonna fly! See?!" And then she started jumping and flapping her arms up and down.
The kid KILLS me. I couldn't NOT laugh.
Alex started army crawling a bit the other day, and then today he actually moved forward a bit with real crawling. I almost cried. Could I be any sappier?
He's also smacking his lips together and repeating "mamamamamamama" over and over again. He's been the quietest little thing for so long, and now he's finally making noise. It's nice to hear his little voice.
I've been getting the best hugs and kisses from him, too. He's such a snuggly little guy and he turns me to mush. He's starting to show a lot of excitement when he sees me now, which is so sweet.
At first I thought she was implying that Jim should stay home with her and I should go to work, which wouldn't surprise me. The girl is such a Daddy's girl. Turns out she thought both of us should go. I asked her, "So me and Daddy should both go to work?"
Em: Yeah. You go to work, too.
Me: Well, you can't stay home by yourself. You and Alex will have to go somewhere where someone else can take care of you.
Em: (With big, sad eyes) But, I don't want anyone else take care of me! I want you, Mommy. you please stay home with me? I want you take care of me.
Warmed my heart. I promised her that Mommy would always stay with her while she was little. I thank my lucky stars everyday that I'm able to be with her and Alex all day. Even on days like today... ;)
This evening Emily was whining that she wanted to do a puzzle before bed. I wanted her to get to bed on time, so I told her we didn't have time. We were going to sit on the couch together while I gave Alex his bedtime bottle and watch the funny show (America's Funniest Videos). I was going to give in and tell her we could do one puzzle... Until she started jumping up and down, and giving me the whiny voice.
"But I waaaannaaaaaa do a puuuuzzzzle!"
I looked at her with my best "excuse me" look, and she stopped jumping immediately. She knows I have no tolerance for the jumping and whining bit.
She said, "See, I just jumping 'cause I was gonna fly! See?!" And then she started jumping and flapping her arms up and down.
The kid KILLS me. I couldn't NOT laugh.
Alex started army crawling a bit the other day, and then today he actually moved forward a bit with real crawling. I almost cried. Could I be any sappier?
He's also smacking his lips together and repeating "mamamamamamama" over and over again. He's been the quietest little thing for so long, and now he's finally making noise. It's nice to hear his little voice.
I've been getting the best hugs and kisses from him, too. He's such a snuggly little guy and he turns me to mush. He's starting to show a lot of excitement when he sees me now, which is so sweet.

8 Comments:
Your kids are awesome Heather. Emily cracks me up with her 'fake-out' of her whiny routine. That's too funny. :)
Ian loves America's Funniest Videos too. Thank goodness it's on nearly every night and (bonus) we all enjoy it!
Emily is so cute! Ben said I am not allowed to go to work only his dad haha! I am also very lucky that I can stay home with the boys. Ben loves AFV too!
Ashleigh
They are so sweet. Your "excuse me" look cracked me up, because I do the same thing. And *at least* once a night, either Curtis or I has to turn our head and not speak while the other takes over 'tough guy' because we know we're going to start laughing. It's so hard to be 'strict' when they are so stinkin' cute!
Heather, I love the way you talk about your kids. Emil;y sounds like such a sweetheart and funny too. Alex is a cutie pie too. Enjoy those hugs and kisses.
You have a brilliant child. She will definitely keep you on your toes. Make sure you get her into debate when she hits high school :)
those milesstones make me sappy too.
I love that I get to stay home right now - I totally can appreciate what you are saying :)
That is so sweet!
I love the excitement when they see you. That made me melt, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home