Calgon, Take Me Away
This is turning out to be a long day. I had a feeling it would be. Jim's at work, and then afterwards he's going to the Cavs game with his brother. I don't know how people do it when they don't get some kind of break all day long. Plus, I didn't have anything planned today, so we're home all...day...long. We could go to the library after the kids get up from their naps, but that would require me getting out of my pajamas. It's just been that kind of day. Not a bad day, just trying. There's no other way to describe it.
Emily didn't go to sleep last night until 11pm, and she was up at her usual time this morning. So this morning was filled with crying over anything and everything, and it got much worse once she accidentally dropped one of her Shrek fruit snacks into the trash (she was trying to throw away just the wrapper). You would have thought she dropped her best friend in there.
Em went down for nap at noon, a little earlier than usual, but it was so needed! She conked right out. Alex just went to sleep, so I should have some peace and quiet for a little bit.
I'm thinking I'll take a nice, hot bubble bath once the kids are down for the night.
Jim and I went out last night to do some Christmas shopping. We got some dinner first, and went to a somewhat new Italian restaurant. As I was sitting there eating my chicken parmesan with a fancy name (that I couldn't pronounce), I quickly realized what a simple, plain girl I am. Give me a jar of Prego anyday. I seriously would have enjoyed it more. The chicken was great (breaded nice and crispy), but I didn't care for all the seasonings in the sauce. I'm sure some people think I'm absolutely nuts, but I am so not a fancy shmancy kind of girl!
Regardless, it was nice to go out and have dinner just the two of us. Then we headed to Toys R Us to do some shopping. We got Alex the Little Tykes Discover Sounds Workshop, which is really cute. It's normally $25-30, but it ended up being on sale for $15. Score! And we picked up a Fisher-Price Medical Kit for Emily. We got some little stocking stuffers, but otherwise that was it. We ran out of time, and ideas. I think we should be close to done for Emily, but Alex still needs a few more things.
I'm so excited for the holidays this year. Emily is really looking forward to it, and now we have 2 little ones to enjoy it with.
I've been wanting to start getting off my butt, but I haven't been doing a great job... But I did give yoga a try today, and man it's a lot harder than I thought it would be! The very sweet JL sent me a yoga tape and I hadn't gotten a chance to try it out. I didn't think yoga could be so tiring! I'm going to keep at it, though. Thanks again JL!! :)
Oh, and I must say that Jim tried it before I even did. He seems to like it too. Maybe it's something we can do together, if we both ever get the chance to get up before the kids in the morning.
Emily didn't go to sleep last night until 11pm, and she was up at her usual time this morning. So this morning was filled with crying over anything and everything, and it got much worse once she accidentally dropped one of her Shrek fruit snacks into the trash (she was trying to throw away just the wrapper). You would have thought she dropped her best friend in there.
Em went down for nap at noon, a little earlier than usual, but it was so needed! She conked right out. Alex just went to sleep, so I should have some peace and quiet for a little bit.
I'm thinking I'll take a nice, hot bubble bath once the kids are down for the night.
Jim and I went out last night to do some Christmas shopping. We got some dinner first, and went to a somewhat new Italian restaurant. As I was sitting there eating my chicken parmesan with a fancy name (that I couldn't pronounce), I quickly realized what a simple, plain girl I am. Give me a jar of Prego anyday. I seriously would have enjoyed it more. The chicken was great (breaded nice and crispy), but I didn't care for all the seasonings in the sauce. I'm sure some people think I'm absolutely nuts, but I am so not a fancy shmancy kind of girl!
Regardless, it was nice to go out and have dinner just the two of us. Then we headed to Toys R Us to do some shopping. We got Alex the Little Tykes Discover Sounds Workshop, which is really cute. It's normally $25-30, but it ended up being on sale for $15. Score! And we picked up a Fisher-Price Medical Kit for Emily. We got some little stocking stuffers, but otherwise that was it. We ran out of time, and ideas. I think we should be close to done for Emily, but Alex still needs a few more things.
I'm so excited for the holidays this year. Emily is really looking forward to it, and now we have 2 little ones to enjoy it with.
I've been wanting to start getting off my butt, but I haven't been doing a great job... But I did give yoga a try today, and man it's a lot harder than I thought it would be! The very sweet JL sent me a yoga tape and I hadn't gotten a chance to try it out. I didn't think yoga could be so tiring! I'm going to keep at it, though. Thanks again JL!! :)
Oh, and I must say that Jim tried it before I even did. He seems to like it too. Maybe it's something we can do together, if we both ever get the chance to get up before the kids in the morning.

4 Comments:
wow that is GREAT news Heather... :)
it IS tough huh? I think it surprises a lot of people. Especially Vinyasa yoga. I really hope u and Jim can do it together. I wish my DH would do it!
we have to meet IRL Heather - then I can give you your very own private lesson! - JL style ;)
Prego... Ragu... not only do I prefer these sauces but I'm even so boring as to go with 'Traditional' or Marinara over the unique and 'chunky' types. Guess we can be simple together :)
On your recommendation (and Mindy's) I got the doctor kits for the girls. Do you like the workbench?
Jen, the workbench is really cute. I haven't taken it out of the box yet or anything, so we'll see. But I think Alex will like it.
Post a Comment
<< Home