Friday, November 18, 2005

Not a bad day!

Well, the shots weren't so bad yesterday! I did almost turn around once we got down our street, but not because I was dreading the shots. The weather was absolutely horrendous. This is how much snow we accumulated in our backyard in a matter of hours:

I mean, it wasn't that bad (this IS Ohio, afterall), but considering it was 70 degrees 2 days earlier, we were shocked. The roads were really bad and we had whiteout conditions at times. It was crazy. Crazy, but awfully pretty!

So anyway, we made it to the doctor's office in about 20 minutes or so (it usually takes us less than 10). Emily was talking all about how she and Alex were going to get shots, yada yada yada, and I was really surprised at how calm she was. And she did awesome!

The nurse had both kids lie on the exam table, side-by-side, with Alex closest to the wall. Emily just laid there looking up at me, holding my hand, and the nurse said, "Ok, here we go..." Em looked surprised for a second and cried a little bit. The nurse was giving Alex his shot immediately after Em's, so she told me to hold his hand real quick. Emily heard that, stopped crying, and held onto Alex's hand. It was so so so cute.

She was so excited afterwards because she got a circus bandaid, a blue sucker, and a princess sticker. She looked at me and said, "That wasn't so bad!"

We went over to my parents' house this morning and I heard Emily talking to my mom.

Mema: Did you go to the doctor's yesterday?

Em: Yeah, I got a shot.

Mema: Did it hurt?

Em: No. Weeell, just a little bit. But it wasn't so bad. Mommy was so proud of me.

She's so stinkin' cute...

Back to yesterday, Emily was dying to get out into the snow. Jim wanted to shovel the driveway after dinner, so I bundled her up in her snowsuit and sent them both outside. She had SO much fun. They stayed out there for over and hour, and then came inside for cookies and hot chocolate when they were done.





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pics! You totally lucked out at the doctor's office. Yay, Emily!!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG kids! Emily is such a trooper and is such a sweetheart with her little brother.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the pics of E all bundled up. What a cutie. And hot chocolate and cookies after playing in teh snow... could that be more perfect!

I am glad the kids did so well with their shots. You have a great family H.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home