Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A sleepy day

Today started out great. I was so well-rested and I woke up realizing that Alex was still sleeping. He did wake up at 2:45, but went right back to sleep after I gave him his binky. I didn't hear another peep out of him til close to 7am. Weeee! He's never gone so long without a bottle. I hope this means he'll be cutting out that 4am bottle, but I'm not putting my money on anything after just one night. But I can dream, can't I?

Emily was in bed around 9:30 last night and she slept til after 7am. She was exhausted from all that trick-or-treating.

For some reason, today was just the day to sleep. It was a rainy, gloomy day, so it was as good a day as any. But I still can't believe how tired the kids were. Alex took 3 naps today, which is typical. They were just long naps. And Emily napped from 1:30-5:30. Yes, you read that correctly. She took a freakin' 4 hour nap! Ever since I've pushed lunchtime and naptime back a bit later, she has been napping like it's going out of style. It hasn't been unusual for her to sleep for 3 hours. But FOUR?! I don't know if she's catching up, or what.
I thought about waking her up, but she was obviously tired. So I just couldn't bring myself to do it. She's lying in her bed with Jim right now. I don't think Jim thinks I should let her sleep so long. He always says she'll be up super late if she naps too long. The way I look at it, she must need the sleep. We'll see how long it takes her to go to sleep tonight.

So trick-or-treating was a hit... Emily had so much fun running around to all the houses. I was so very proud of how well-mannered she was. She held her little bag up and said, "Trick-or-Treat!" And she always looked the people right in the eye and said "Thank you!" in the sweetest little voice. We had quite a few compliments on her good manners, and her costume.
We took Alex with us for a bit, and then we brought him back to our house. Originally I was going to stay home, but my mom and dad were over and they offered to stay with Alex and hand out candy. It was so fun to watch Emily enjoying herself so much. I really wish I would have taken the video camera.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

Ohhh...Anna used to tease us with the occasional all-nighter too. I hope this is a start of a pattern for him! I love the pic of Alex and Emily in their costumes. So sweet!!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home