Friday, October 21, 2005

Can't. Stay. Awake.

I took the kids over to my parents' house this morning and we just hung out and visited. We had lunch over there, and then started getting ready to come home. It was naptime for both Emily and Alex.

Just as I tell Emily to go get her shoes, I look over at Alex and he's starting to fall asleep. So I get the kids all set to go and we head home. Alex stayed awake, but Emily fell asleep on the 5 minute drive home.

We get home and I got Alex out first. I plopped him onto the living room floor so I could go snag Em, and I put her straight into her bed. I go back to get Alex and this is what I found:




















Both kids were exhausted.

Emily was tired because she's had this stinkin' cough that keeps her up at night. Poor girl.
And Alex has decided that he's going to wake up in the middle of the night for no reason at all. He's not hungry, he's not crying, he's just kicking and kicking and kicking.
Jim fed him around 2:30am, which is way earlier than his normal time, but, well, what is normal anymore?!
Anyway, Alex wouldn't go to sleep afterwards. Jim tried rocking him, tried putting him in his crib by himself, nothing worked. Jim came back to bed and Alex started getting upset, so I figured I'd give it a try.
Two minutes later I was back in bed. All I did was pick him up and he snuggled into my neck, grabbed onto my hair, and went to sleep.
While I wish he would have done the same for Jim so I didn't have to get up, I admit to gaining satisfaction in my baby being a bit of a Momma's boy. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

ha ha ha. I love that picture. i want to snuggle him.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home