Coughing, coughing, and more coughing
Poor Em. She developed a cough that is really interfering with her sleep. She started out with a slight fever Monday morning, but that didn't last long. Now she has a bit of a cold. Mainly she's got some congestion and this nasty cough.
I gave her some Delsym last night before bed, and that stuff usually works great. But it didn't do much last night. She coughed and coughed until at least 2 am, and then she was finally able to get some sleep. Which means Jim and I were able to get some sleep, too, since she was in bed with us by 11:30pm.
She's doing pretty well during the day, with the exception of naptime. She slept for about 1/2 an hour before she came out of her room. I told her she could snuggle in my bed and watch Dora. So she's all comfy now. She just told me, "I tired, Mom. I relaxin' in your bed. I want a Dora backpack." I told her we'd have to check with Santa.
So we talked about Christmas this morning and I asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her. She decided she wanted a Dora backpack. I hadn't heard that one before. I guess I'll have to look around and see what I can find. She hasn't really mentioned anything else. But I don't think she really gets this whole present-getting thing yet.
Alex is currently taking the mother of all naps. His mid-afternoon nap isn't usually the best. But now he's been sleeping for almost 2 hours. I wonder if it has anything to do with upping his solids. The ped suggested giving him 3 meals a day now, so we went with it. He seems to be liking it. Some days he was taking upwards of 36 ounces, sometimes more. The solids seem to be doing a good job of filling him up now.
I gave her some Delsym last night before bed, and that stuff usually works great. But it didn't do much last night. She coughed and coughed until at least 2 am, and then she was finally able to get some sleep. Which means Jim and I were able to get some sleep, too, since she was in bed with us by 11:30pm.
She's doing pretty well during the day, with the exception of naptime. She slept for about 1/2 an hour before she came out of her room. I told her she could snuggle in my bed and watch Dora. So she's all comfy now. She just told me, "I tired, Mom. I relaxin' in your bed. I want a Dora backpack." I told her we'd have to check with Santa.
So we talked about Christmas this morning and I asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her. She decided she wanted a Dora backpack. I hadn't heard that one before. I guess I'll have to look around and see what I can find. She hasn't really mentioned anything else. But I don't think she really gets this whole present-getting thing yet.
Alex is currently taking the mother of all naps. His mid-afternoon nap isn't usually the best. But now he's been sleeping for almost 2 hours. I wonder if it has anything to do with upping his solids. The ped suggested giving him 3 meals a day now, so we went with it. He seems to be liking it. Some days he was taking upwards of 36 ounces, sometimes more. The solids seem to be doing a good job of filling him up now.

1 Comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about E. I hope she feels better very soon. I hate hearing the little ones cough!
Post a Comment
<< Home