"Stop your crying and wipe your tears."
That's what Emily said this morning when the little animals we were playing with were crying. Do you think she's heard that much in the last few days?
Busted.
She's just been so unusually whiny lately. I guess it's just a combination of being nearly 3, not feeling the greatest (she's finally starting to get over her cough/cold), and, well, being nearly 3. LOL.
Em usually has such a great disposition, but these days she will cry at the drop of a hat. She nearly cried this morning because I blew out the pumpkin candle and she wanted to do it. We've been trying to get across to her that she doesn't have to cry when she doesn't get what she wants. And we've been telling her better ways to let us know how she's feeling. Ah, it's tough being 2 and 1/2. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I know sometimes I expect too much of her, and now she has to share the limelight with a little brother. She does great with him, but I'm sure it has to be hard for her. She got upset last night because Jim was feeding Alex and she wanted Jim to play on the floor with her. Maybe she sees that Alex gets what he needs when he cries, huh? We talk to her about how babies cry because they can't talk to tell us what they need, but big girls can talk, etc. But hey, it works for him!
Here are some recent Emily-isms:
"AHHH, my slippery is falling!!!" She calls her slippers "slipperys". Don't know where she got that one.
Me: You're so beautiful!"
Emily: No, you're so beautiful, Mommy!" Awww!
Realizing her pink rain jacket is getting small:
"Soon Alex can have my jacket!" Sure, sweetie, I'm sure your brother will love to look back at childhood pictures and see himself in pink!
Alex was in the highchair crying, waiting for lunch:
"What's wrong, buddy?! Mom, I think he misses his big sister."
Going potty first thing in the morning:
"Wow, that's a loooootta pee pee! Just like Mommy's!"
I don't know where that came from, but I guess she thinks I pee a lot!
Busted.
She's just been so unusually whiny lately. I guess it's just a combination of being nearly 3, not feeling the greatest (she's finally starting to get over her cough/cold), and, well, being nearly 3. LOL.
Em usually has such a great disposition, but these days she will cry at the drop of a hat. She nearly cried this morning because I blew out the pumpkin candle and she wanted to do it. We've been trying to get across to her that she doesn't have to cry when she doesn't get what she wants. And we've been telling her better ways to let us know how she's feeling. Ah, it's tough being 2 and 1/2. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I know sometimes I expect too much of her, and now she has to share the limelight with a little brother. She does great with him, but I'm sure it has to be hard for her. She got upset last night because Jim was feeding Alex and she wanted Jim to play on the floor with her. Maybe she sees that Alex gets what he needs when he cries, huh? We talk to her about how babies cry because they can't talk to tell us what they need, but big girls can talk, etc. But hey, it works for him!
Here are some recent Emily-isms:
"AHHH, my slippery is falling!!!" She calls her slippers "slipperys". Don't know where she got that one.
Me: You're so beautiful!"
Emily: No, you're so beautiful, Mommy!" Awww!
Realizing her pink rain jacket is getting small:
"Soon Alex can have my jacket!" Sure, sweetie, I'm sure your brother will love to look back at childhood pictures and see himself in pink!
Alex was in the highchair crying, waiting for lunch:
"What's wrong, buddy?! Mom, I think he misses his big sister."
Going potty first thing in the morning:
"Wow, that's a loooootta pee pee! Just like Mommy's!"
I don't know where that came from, but I guess she thinks I pee a lot!

1 Comments:
Those are great. Doesn't she just make you smile. I completely know what you are going through with the crying. Kenzie goes off all the time - I never know what's going to set her off... It could be that I opened a door but *she* wanted to and she'll start crying. Ugh....
They sure are cute though. All those "I love you"'s and sweet behaviour to their brothers make up for everything.
Post a Comment
<< Home