Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Circus

Well, today was the day for the circus. It was both Jim and Emily's first time going to one. I felt a little bad leaving him behind, but Alex stayed home with my mom. We figured he really wouldn't be too impressed, and I know my mom had a nice time getting some one-on-one baby time.

The show started at 11:30, but everyone could go onto the floor the hour before to check things out. They brought some of the animals out, and some of the clowns and acrobats did some performances. It was tough for Emily to see much since there were so many people, so she got a view from above.

Emily enjoyed most of the show. She loved the elephants, horses, and zebras. But I'd say the majority of the show consisted of performances by acrobats, clowns, and the like. And while Jim and I enjoyed it, I don't think it held enough interest for Emily after the first hour (the show was 2 hours long with a 15 minute intermission). I don't think it would have been as much of an issue if it hadn't run into her naptime. So maybe we didn't plan right, but I really thought she'd be alright. It was either go early and push nap back, or go to the afternoon show, for which we'd have to wake her up from her nap.

Once we got to the last half hour of the show she kept asking if it was over yet. She also knew she was getting a souvenir once we left, so she was itching to get out of there. Some kids in front of us had tiger cups, and Emily really wanted one. We made the mistake of telling her we'd go get something once the show was over, so after that we kept hearing, "It over now?!"

She finally got her tiger cup that she so desperately wanted.

And I'd say it was safe to bet that she was really tired. This picture was taken on the way home after being in the car for literally 3 or 4 minutes.

Ah well... I think Emily had a good time, though. Once we got home she was playing "elephants" with Jim. They'd crawl around on the floor, pretending to be elephants. They brought out Em's stepstool from the bathroom and would climb on top of it like the elephants did. She's such a nut.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is such a pretty little girl, Heather. I'm glad she enjoyed the circus, even if it was only for the first half hour or so. Don't you just love sleeping pictures?

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home