Saturday, October 29, 2005

Why I like Pilsbury...

I admit to cheating quite often when making cut-out sugar cookies. I also admit to not often supplying that information, unless I'm asked outright. ;) I usually buy a package of pre-made refrigerated cookie dough. Then I'll roll it out and cut out my cookies. Easy and yummy. Anytime I've made them from scratch, they just don't seem to taste as good as the Pilsbury ones.

So last night I decided to make some from scratch. Emily loves to help cook, so she was very excited. I had already set out the butter so it was nice and soft. I put the butter and sugar in a bowl, and Em stood on a kitchen chair and mixed away. I added two eggs, and then went to get the vanilla extract. I don't always measure, so I was just going to eyeball it. But I changed my mind and set down the opened bottle of vanilla on the table. I came back to the table from getting a measuring spoon, and I bet you can guess what I found.

Yep. Emily poured almost the entire bottle of vanilla extract into the bowl.

And it was SO my fault. She thought she was helping.

So I dumped out Emily's vanilla-y concoction and told her we'd have to start over again. She was so upset because she wanted to make cookies. I told her we had to start again because she put in a bit too much vanilla.

She looked up at me with fresh tears still on her face and said, "Ok, Mommy." Pointing to the bottle of vanilla, she said, "I not put that in there this time."

Oh, it was so cute.

The mixing went over much better the second time. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home