Snow!
We had our first snowfall last night. There was about an inch or so on the ground when I woke up this morning and I had a feeling Emily would be excited. When she woke up I said, "Come here! I have a surprise!"
Some of her comments:
"It's snow!"
"There's snow on my house!"
"Winter is coming!"
"My Santa is coming now!"
"I can make snowman and snow angels now!"
It was tough to convince her that we couldn't go out in the snow right then at 7:00am. She actually looked like she might cry because she wanted to go out so bad. It was really cute to see how excited she was about it. I'm having so much fun seeing things through her eyes. Everything is so thrilling when you're nearly 3.
I just got off the phone with the doctor's office. I'm taking Emily and Alex in for their flu shots (Alex is getting his booster) this morning between 10:30 and 11. I'm really dreading it. This will be the first time Emily's gotten a shot when she knows it's coming. I've been explaining it to her, being honest and telling her that it will hurt, but just for a little bit, shots keep us healthy, yada yada yada. She seems very unphased and just generally ok with it, so I'm curious to see how she does when the nurse starts coming at her with a needle!
Some of her comments:
"It's snow!"
"There's snow on my house!"
"Winter is coming!"
"My Santa is coming now!"
"I can make snowman and snow angels now!"
It was tough to convince her that we couldn't go out in the snow right then at 7:00am. She actually looked like she might cry because she wanted to go out so bad. It was really cute to see how excited she was about it. I'm having so much fun seeing things through her eyes. Everything is so thrilling when you're nearly 3.
I just got off the phone with the doctor's office. I'm taking Emily and Alex in for their flu shots (Alex is getting his booster) this morning between 10:30 and 11. I'm really dreading it. This will be the first time Emily's gotten a shot when she knows it's coming. I've been explaining it to her, being honest and telling her that it will hurt, but just for a little bit, shots keep us healthy, yada yada yada. She seems very unphased and just generally ok with it, so I'm curious to see how she does when the nurse starts coming at her with a needle!

2 Comments:
awwww. I wish we got snow here. K was so excited when it snowed one day last year. I need to see pictures please.
good luck with the shots.
How fun! That sounds so cool! Hope that shots went OK. Anna and I got ours today too! We did OK! I only cried a little. LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home