Tuesday, November 08, 2005

"Why?"

I knew the day would come. I knew it was only a matter of time. "Why?" is now Emily's favorite question to ask. And she asks it multiple times a day.

"We have to go to the store."

"Why, Mom?"

"Because we need food."

"Why?"

"Because we ate all the food we have."

"What we do that for, Mom?"

I'm trying to be patient, I really am, but I'm starting to pull my hair out.

"What we do that for?" is another favorite thing of hers to ask. What drives me crazy is that she'll ask it at the most obvious things. She's such a nut.


Em's doing an awesome job going to sleep by herself now. She had been sleeping all night, too, but she's woken up crying about the "dinosaurs" for the past two nights. If she's waking up genuinely scared, I'm not going to make her stay in her bed when she's in tears. And I admit I do miss the snuggling... But I don't want to make a habit of it, especially since she was doing so well.

Alex has been waking up multiple times a night all of a sudden. I think it's because he's getting dependent on that damn binky, and he's having trouble going back to sleep when it falls out. So we've been getting up repeatedly to give it back to him. And let me tell you, it's getting old quick.
I don't know what to do. Emily was dependent on her binky, too, but I don't remember her repeatedly waking for it throughout the night.
We have 2 binkies in his crib, and I have another package of 2 that I think I'll open and stick in there with him. I know he can put one in his mouth by himself, so maybe if I fill the crib with them he'll be bound to find on eventually... ha!


I'm loving eBay these days. I've been finding some great stuff. I just won an auction for 4 pairs of Gap and Old Navy like new jeans. Emily's still wearing her 2Ts, but they are getting too short. I was about to go pick her up some 3Ts, but then I stumbled across some on eBay. Woohoo!
I'm also watching for a pair of overalls for Alex. He has a pair of Gap overalls that I absolutely love because they are so soft. They also snap up at the top, as opposed to the metal clasps that most overalls have. He's outgrown the 3-6 month pair he has, but I don't want to pay $24 for new ones if I don't have to. They're all over eBay, so I'm hoping I can get a good deal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

I don't know what made me laugh more....your post, or Erica's comment. Both are SO true. Anna just discovered "Why?" too. But her follow on question is "How come?" It's cute....the first 100 times...then I find my self phrasing things to try to out-smart the "Why".

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home