A post about sleep.
Or lack of sleep.
Or going to sleep by yourself.
In your own bed.
In a timely manner.
BEFORE 10:30pm.
Please.
Emily has been the queen of naps lately. The girl has been tired, so I really hate to wake her. But after that 4 hour nap the other day, she didn't go to bed that night until 10:30. And that was after threatening to not lie down with her and threatening to take the beloved binky away. Tears followed, but so did sleep. Eventually.
So yesterday I didn't let her nap too long. And she still gave us a hard time about falling asleep. Jim wants to take the nightlight out of her room (or put in a lower bulb) because he thinks it's too bright and is keeping her up. I don't really know what the answer is, we just need to figure something out.
It's time for Em to be going to sleep on her own. Jim and I have no time together in the evenings whatsoever. And I think it's taking a toll.
Jim laid down with Emily last night and she was still wide awake at 9:30. He told her he wasn't going to lie with her, and he left. She started crying within 2 minutes. I went in and had a chat with her about going to sleep like a big girl, and she replied with "I hafta go pee."
After the little potty break, I tucked her back into bed and told her that she had her chance to snuggle, it wasn't playtime, yada yada yada, it's time to go to sleep. I told her I wasn't going to lie down with her, but I'd be back to check on her in a little bit.
She fell asleep by herself.
In her own bed.
In a timely manner.
BEFORE 10:30pm.
And without tears, which is a major plus. I can't stand it when my little peanut is sad.
Insert happy dance here. :)
The plan is to keep going with this "I'll be back to check on you in a little bit" routine. We'll see how it goes.
Or going to sleep by yourself.
In your own bed.
In a timely manner.
BEFORE 10:30pm.
Please.
Emily has been the queen of naps lately. The girl has been tired, so I really hate to wake her. But after that 4 hour nap the other day, she didn't go to bed that night until 10:30. And that was after threatening to not lie down with her and threatening to take the beloved binky away. Tears followed, but so did sleep. Eventually.
So yesterday I didn't let her nap too long. And she still gave us a hard time about falling asleep. Jim wants to take the nightlight out of her room (or put in a lower bulb) because he thinks it's too bright and is keeping her up. I don't really know what the answer is, we just need to figure something out.
It's time for Em to be going to sleep on her own. Jim and I have no time together in the evenings whatsoever. And I think it's taking a toll.
Jim laid down with Emily last night and she was still wide awake at 9:30. He told her he wasn't going to lie with her, and he left. She started crying within 2 minutes. I went in and had a chat with her about going to sleep like a big girl, and she replied with "I hafta go pee."
After the little potty break, I tucked her back into bed and told her that she had her chance to snuggle, it wasn't playtime, yada yada yada, it's time to go to sleep. I told her I wasn't going to lie down with her, but I'd be back to check on her in a little bit.
She fell asleep by herself.
In her own bed.
In a timely manner.
BEFORE 10:30pm.
And without tears, which is a major plus. I can't stand it when my little peanut is sad.
Insert happy dance here. :)
The plan is to keep going with this "I'll be back to check on you in a little bit" routine. We'll see how it goes.

1 Comments:
Yeah Emily!!! It's so funny that Anna and Emily seem to track so many of those little quirks together, but Anna just *finally* started going to sleep on her own in her own room a few weeks ago when we did the big girl bed. It is such a treat to actually SEE eachother in the evening now, after she goes to sleep! I hope this keeps up for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home