Goodnight...
Jim and Emily read stories in her room before bedtime last night. He tucked her in and walked out of the room. He and I were talking in our bedroom for a couple of minutes afterwards, and we heard a small voice as we were walking out and past Emily's room.
I said, "Is she crying?"
So we stood by her door and heard her talking.
This is what we hear:
Goodnight special bear.
Goodnight special bear nightlight.
Goodnight Nemo.
Goodnight Mommy.
Goodnight Daddy.
Goodnight Mema.
It was so sweet, and I thought I might get teary. And then we hear:
Goodnight pee pee.
Goodnight poop.
Whaaa? No, she didn't go in her bed, but I guess she felt the need to say goodnight to everyone/thing.
This is the child that insists the "poopy is going home" when we flush it down the toilet. She'll even wave to it and say "bye." Hey, whatever works, right?
She cracks me up.
The house is really quiet right now. Alex is napping and Emily is out with my parents. She was so excited when they asked if she wanted to go to the park with them. They were going to walk some of the trails to get some exercise and asked if Em wanted to go to. Afterwards they may go grab something to eat.
She was so cute sitting in the carseat in the back of their car, waving goodbye and blowing kisses. What was even cuter was that she wanted to know why Alex couldn't go too. She didn't want her baby brother to be left out. On the other hand, she wanted to make sure I wasn't going! I guess she thought it was pretty cool to go somewhere without Mom. Ha!
I said, "Is she crying?"
So we stood by her door and heard her talking.
This is what we hear:
Goodnight special bear.
Goodnight special bear nightlight.
Goodnight Nemo.
Goodnight Mommy.
Goodnight Daddy.
Goodnight Mema.
It was so sweet, and I thought I might get teary. And then we hear:
Goodnight pee pee.
Goodnight poop.
Whaaa? No, she didn't go in her bed, but I guess she felt the need to say goodnight to everyone/thing.
This is the child that insists the "poopy is going home" when we flush it down the toilet. She'll even wave to it and say "bye." Hey, whatever works, right?
She cracks me up.
The house is really quiet right now. Alex is napping and Emily is out with my parents. She was so excited when they asked if she wanted to go to the park with them. They were going to walk some of the trails to get some exercise and asked if Em wanted to go to. Afterwards they may go grab something to eat.
She was so cute sitting in the carseat in the back of their car, waving goodbye and blowing kisses. What was even cuter was that she wanted to know why Alex couldn't go too. She didn't want her baby brother to be left out. On the other hand, she wanted to make sure I wasn't going! I guess she thought it was pretty cool to go somewhere without Mom. Ha!

2 Comments:
oh my goodness. She sounds like such a sweetheart. I love her and I've never met her. She cracks me up too.
She is so funny! What a sweet girl. Enjoy your "alone" time.
Post a Comment
<< Home