Monday, November 21, 2005

Emily's new friend

Emily was playing in her room this morning with the door shut. I could hear her talking and giggling, have a good ol' time. She came out after a bit, and walked into the bathroom where I was trying to do my business.

Emily says to me, "Say 'hi' to Kayla, Mom."

Me: Who's Kayla?

Emily: (Looking to her left) My friend. Kayla is my pretend friend. Say hi.

Me: Hi Kayla!

Emily: (In a tiny little voice) Hi Mommy!

Then Emily informs me that I'm Kayla's mom, too.

So I don't know if this is like an imaginary friend or what. I called Jim and work and told him that maybe she has to make up her own friends because she feels like I don't play with her enough. LOL.

I used to have an imaginary friend when I was 4 or 5. My mom even has a picture of me "with her".
We went to see Santa one year and I was too afraid to get my picture taken with him. So my mom asked the elves if she could get a picture of me sitting in Santa's chair once he'd gone on break. In this picture I'm sitting way over to the right. My mom asked me why I was scooched over so far, and I replied that my friend Lisa was sitting next to me.


In Alex news, the little bugger is getting up on his hands and knees! He's doing so well. He'll get up for a good while and rock back and forth. It's the cutest thing. Then he gets ticked off because he ends up moving backwards. Won't be long now!


And here's an Emily funny...
We went to her cousin's birthday party on Saturday. Emily stood guard by the bowl of cheese curls for a good while, just chowing down. All of a sudden she came into the other room, crying. Turns out she bit her cheese-covered finger. I mean, her fingers were completely orange, just coated in cheese. Man, she really loves her some cheese curls! The tears stopped and she laughed when I told her she wasn't supposed to eat her fingers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Imaginary friends are definitely a good thing. I've heard they are actually a sign of intelligence ;)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home