My aunt's funeral service was nice, if you can describe a funeral as such. A few people stood up and said some really nice things about her. And some told some funny stories, which was really needed at the time. We all had a few good laughs. My aunt was a sweet, funny lady.
My brother is ok after getting hit by a car. It turns out that he and my SIL were just walking over to their next door neighbor's house. My SIL was walking on the grass and my brother was beside her, right on the edge of the road. They said they have no idea how the person who hit him didn't see him.
They took my brother to the hospital for x-rays and such, and they kept him overnight. He's supposedly alright, just sore and bruised. But they were especially worried because he already has a lot of back problems to begin with. The doctors say he has a compressed fracture of a vertebrae from the accident. Not sure if he's going to need a brace or not. My mom and the kids and I are probably going to head over to visit him tomorrow.
Jim and I have been keeping up with the yoga, but I think Jim is enjoying it more than me! It's really a workout. Jim got some beginner dvds from the library so we can check those out, too. I was amazed at how sore I was after the first couple of times.
The only thing with this video is that I can't do it without laughing. JL, that Baron Baptiste guy is hilarous. I crack up everytime he says "Hot yoga..." I know it's not supposed to be, but it's so funny. But either way, it really is a good workout, which I didn't expect from it. Thanks again, JL! :)
And some random things...
Today Emily told me that her name was Kayla. Sometimes Kayla is her doll, sometimes it's her "friend," and now the kid's wanting to change her name. Then she said, "No, Kayla is just my pretend name." She's been doing a lot of "pretend" stuff lately.
Strawberry Starburst flavored candy canes rawk.
So do sour cream and onion flavored Ritz Chips.
Emily told Alex that when he got bigger she'll teach him how to jump off the couch. Forget that she's not supposed to be doing that, but she'll teach him anyway.
There is a tear in the front of our couch that needs sewn up. Alex thinks it's fun to roll over to it and pull the stuffing out. When I catch him and call his name, he looks up at me with a mischevious smile that says, "Who, me?!" Stinker. Only 7 months old and it's like he knows. I know he doesn't, but he could fool me at times.
Alex loves Emily's Little People and he loves to put them in his mouth. It freaks Emily out when I yell in a little voice, "AHHHH! Help me!!! He's eating me!!!" This makes me laugh. :)
We just got a Christmas photocard from Jim's cousin, his wife, and their baby. Wouldn't you know they ordered the same damn photocard as us. And this is the second year in a row that we've picked out the same ones! And of course, they sent out theirs first.
At least our kids are cuter. :P
My brother is ok after getting hit by a car. It turns out that he and my SIL were just walking over to their next door neighbor's house. My SIL was walking on the grass and my brother was beside her, right on the edge of the road. They said they have no idea how the person who hit him didn't see him.
They took my brother to the hospital for x-rays and such, and they kept him overnight. He's supposedly alright, just sore and bruised. But they were especially worried because he already has a lot of back problems to begin with. The doctors say he has a compressed fracture of a vertebrae from the accident. Not sure if he's going to need a brace or not. My mom and the kids and I are probably going to head over to visit him tomorrow.
Jim and I have been keeping up with the yoga, but I think Jim is enjoying it more than me! It's really a workout. Jim got some beginner dvds from the library so we can check those out, too. I was amazed at how sore I was after the first couple of times.
The only thing with this video is that I can't do it without laughing. JL, that Baron Baptiste guy is hilarous. I crack up everytime he says "Hot yoga..." I know it's not supposed to be, but it's so funny. But either way, it really is a good workout, which I didn't expect from it. Thanks again, JL! :)
And some random things...
Today Emily told me that her name was Kayla. Sometimes Kayla is her doll, sometimes it's her "friend," and now the kid's wanting to change her name. Then she said, "No, Kayla is just my pretend name." She's been doing a lot of "pretend" stuff lately.
Strawberry Starburst flavored candy canes rawk.
So do sour cream and onion flavored Ritz Chips.
Emily told Alex that when he got bigger she'll teach him how to jump off the couch. Forget that she's not supposed to be doing that, but she'll teach him anyway.
There is a tear in the front of our couch that needs sewn up. Alex thinks it's fun to roll over to it and pull the stuffing out. When I catch him and call his name, he looks up at me with a mischevious smile that says, "Who, me?!" Stinker. Only 7 months old and it's like he knows. I know he doesn't, but he could fool me at times.
Alex loves Emily's Little People and he loves to put them in his mouth. It freaks Emily out when I yell in a little voice, "AHHHH! Help me!!! He's eating me!!!" This makes me laugh. :)
We just got a Christmas photocard from Jim's cousin, his wife, and their baby. Wouldn't you know they ordered the same damn photocard as us. And this is the second year in a row that we've picked out the same ones! And of course, they sent out theirs first.
At least our kids are cuter. :P

6 Comments:
Heather you crack me up. I bet your kids are cuter. Emily is hilarious!
I love that last sentence :lol
Heather, I'm sorry about your aunt. I hope your brother is doing better. Rough week you've had there.
Gosh, sorry about your aunt... and I hope your brother is okay.
about the yoga - I am so glad. I told you that guy is ridiculous. He bugs the crap out of me... but I knew it was a good workout and that is what you wanted. I just need you to come to my class... I promise I won't say "Come on people," or "Hot Yoga!"
LAME! Good thing he knows what he is talking about ;)
I am sorry to hear about your brother. I do hope he is feeling better soon.
The Little People comment cracks me up! I would be laughing at myself too.
oh they know! at a very young age too.
your kids are definitely cuter
You've had a rough time Heather. I hope things start looking up for you guys soon. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home