Turkey Lurkey Loo
Mmm, I love me some Thanksgiving dinner! We had a great day yesterday. We had dinner over at my parents' house with my family. Everything was so good, as usual. And as usual, my mom kept saying, "I don't know how this is going to turn out," or "I think this is a little different from last year..." And of course, everything was perfect and yummy.
Today we spent the day lounging around, eating leftovers, and decorating for Christmas. We lit a fire in the fireplace first thing this morning and had it going all day. It was so toasty and warm. We also had the Christmas music going.
Jim took Emily outside to play in the snow and she had a blast. Jim borrowed our next door neighbor's sled and pulled Emily all around the yard. Jim says she had a lot of fun, so we'll have to see how she likes sledding down a hill.
Emily kept talking about how it was Christmas time and how her Santa was going to be coming soon. She has been telling us she wants a princess Barbie and a Dora backpack. She'll point out a lot of things and say she wants them for Christmas, but these are 2 things she's been very consistent about. I kind of figured we'd hold off on Barbies for a bit, but I think Santa may have to check them out since Em seems so interested.
I was somewhat tempted to hit some of the sales today, but I wasn't in the mood. I didn't have a list of what I needed/wanted, and I wasn't about to go out on Black Friday without a plan. Besides that, our area was expected to get hit pretty hard with snow. It was a much better day just hanging out at home.
Alex is down for the night, and Emily is on her way now. I think I may take a bubble bath...
Today we spent the day lounging around, eating leftovers, and decorating for Christmas. We lit a fire in the fireplace first thing this morning and had it going all day. It was so toasty and warm. We also had the Christmas music going.
Jim took Emily outside to play in the snow and she had a blast. Jim borrowed our next door neighbor's sled and pulled Emily all around the yard. Jim says she had a lot of fun, so we'll have to see how she likes sledding down a hill.
Emily kept talking about how it was Christmas time and how her Santa was going to be coming soon. She has been telling us she wants a princess Barbie and a Dora backpack. She'll point out a lot of things and say she wants them for Christmas, but these are 2 things she's been very consistent about. I kind of figured we'd hold off on Barbies for a bit, but I think Santa may have to check them out since Em seems so interested.
I was somewhat tempted to hit some of the sales today, but I wasn't in the mood. I didn't have a list of what I needed/wanted, and I wasn't about to go out on Black Friday without a plan. Besides that, our area was expected to get hit pretty hard with snow. It was a much better day just hanging out at home.
Alex is down for the night, and Emily is on her way now. I think I may take a bubble bath...

1 Comments:
Your day sounded so great heather. I am envious! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Post a Comment
<< Home