Sunday, November 27, 2005

I wish the weekend wasn't over yet. It was a nice, long 4 day weekend... Very relaxing. But alas, Jim goes back to work tomorrow. Not much planned for this week. I may head out to run some errands tomorrow, especially while the weather's so nice. It's supposed to be in the 50's for a couple of days, which is crazy considering it was below 30 on Thanksgiving. It's so much easier to take both kids out when it's not so cold. I don't like hauling them out and about when it's freezing outside.

Jim put the lights up outside while the kids were napping. He told Emily he had a surprise for her outside once it got dark. Well we were playing on the floor in front of the living room window around 4:30 and Emily looks out and says, "Hey, there are lights on our house!" I played dumb and said, "What lights?!" Jim ran out and turned them off and she said, "Hey, the lights turned off!" She thought I was nuts when I told her I didn't know what she was talking about. So we took her outside and she, Alex, and I stood at the end of the driveway while Jim turned the lights on. She liked them a lot.
Jim puts the lights up every year, but we knew they had to go up this year. Emily liked seeing all the lights on other houses on the way home last night, and she told us, "We need lights on OUR house!"


I'm expecting to hear back from my mom anytime now. She's been at her sister's bedside for the past 2 days. Hospice nurses have been with my aunt around the clock for the past few days. They said they don't expect her to make it through today or tomorrow.
My mom seems to be holding up really well, but I'm worried about her. I feel so bad and I don't know what to say. I can't imagine losing one of my brothers. She was really close with all 5 of her sisters, but she was especially close with my Aunt May.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine losing a sibling, either. Take care, and youall are in my thoughts.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home