Thursday, December 22, 2005

Craziness

What a crazy few days. This week has felt hectic. Especially after yesterday and the whole water-backing-up-into-the-toilet-and-bathtub fiasco. The good news is everything is all fixed, and my bathroom is now sparkling and clean.
After the sewer and drain guys left, I donned my pink rubber gloves, threw together a bucket of hot, soapy water with a bit of bleach, and headed to the bathroom. I cleaned up the tub, wiped down the baseboards and trim, cleaned the toilet, and scrubbed the floor clean. Jim complained that I was trying to asphyxiate him with bleach fumes, but hey, everything is clean!

Now I need to do the same with the kitchen (maybe with a little less bleach, I suppose). Emily and her cousins played with playdough yesterday and I keep finding crumbs of the dried stuff everywhere. Otherwise, the house wasn't as catastrophic as I expected. The kids played well together, and everyone cleaned up pretty well before they left. No toys under the bed like the one time they played in Emily's room and stashed EVERYTHING there. I remember walking in and thinking, "Wow, it's really clean in here. But... where did they put everything?!" Unfortunately I found it all after they left.

I have no idea where all of Emily's new toys are going to go. Between Christmas and her birthday, she's going to be getting so much stuff.

Hm. Stashing toys under the bed is sounding more and more like a better idea... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home