Sunday, December 18, 2005

Done!

Ok, mostly done. With the Christmas shopping, that is.

We went out today to finish up and I'm so glad I get to relax this week instead of running around at the last minute.

We had to pick up the "princess Barbie" that Emily has been asking Santa for. I'd seen a bunch of different Barbies, but I didn't want to spend $30 on another Barbie that might permanently lose a leg. While at Target I found a Disney Cinderella for $10. It is perfect and I know Em will love it.
I also found her a robe, which is going to be for her birthday. Emily has been saying she wants a new robe, "a blue one just like Mommy's." She really does need one, as the one she has now is pretty small. Unfortunately I've been having a hard time finding one in her size, but as it turned out, it wasn't a problem at all. I found a super soft blue one in the older girls' section, and the smallest size they had was a 4. It will be a little roomy, but it's a robe, ya know? And she'll be able to get a lot more use out of it this way. She's also getting some bubble bath, and 2 board games - Candyland and Chutes & Ladders. I'm trying to decide if that's enough. I think it will be. My only other idea is to get some cute, little girl-type bath towels, to kind of go with her robe.

We got Alex a big car that lights up when you push it around, and I also picked up an outfit for him. We also got both kids new pjs from Old Navy, which they'll get on Christmas Eve.


So my plan for the week is to get my house in order. Jim's parents are coming into town Thursday. We haven't seen them since the beginning of August, so I know they'll be amazed at how much the kids have grown.

I can't believe Christmas is only a week away. I'm not sure who's more excited - me and Jim or Emily. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

yay - almost done ! Good for you.

Merry Christmas!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home