Mommy and Emily's Special Day
Emily has a favorite book called Emily and Her Daddy. In the book, Emily and her Daddy have a "special day" in which they do various things, just the two of them.
I told Emily the other day that I was going to take her to get her pictures taken, and that we'd spend the day together, just the two of us. Jim said, "Yeah, you and Mommy will have a special day!" She was so excited. She said, "Just like Emily and her Daddy, but with her Mommy!"
So my mom came over this morning to stay with Alex, and Em and I headed out. We went to the Picture People first and she did great. It was so nice to spend some one-on-one time with her. It wasn't like I took her to a park (like the Emily in her book does with her Daddy), but she was so excited just to go out with me by herself. We sat and talked while we ate a pretzel from Auntie Anne's, she helped me pick out a Christmas present for Jim's mom, and we walked around the mall singing along with the Christmas music that was playing.
After awhile we headed back to the Picture People. I'm really happy with how the pictures turned out, and the close-up we got of her really shows her personality. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I can't get over the fact that she's turning 3 in just over 2 weeks. And there's no way I can fully express to her how lucky I am to be her Mommy, no matter how hard I try.
I told Emily the other day that I was going to take her to get her pictures taken, and that we'd spend the day together, just the two of us. Jim said, "Yeah, you and Mommy will have a special day!" She was so excited. She said, "Just like Emily and her Daddy, but with her Mommy!"
So my mom came over this morning to stay with Alex, and Em and I headed out. We went to the Picture People first and she did great. It was so nice to spend some one-on-one time with her. It wasn't like I took her to a park (like the Emily in her book does with her Daddy), but she was so excited just to go out with me by herself. We sat and talked while we ate a pretzel from Auntie Anne's, she helped me pick out a Christmas present for Jim's mom, and we walked around the mall singing along with the Christmas music that was playing.
After awhile we headed back to the Picture People. I'm really happy with how the pictures turned out, and the close-up we got of her really shows her personality. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I can't get over the fact that she's turning 3 in just over 2 weeks. And there's no way I can fully express to her how lucky I am to be her Mommy, no matter how hard I try.

1 Comments:
Emily sounds like such a sweetheart. I love days like that--and they definitely don't happen often enough once #2 comes along! They're at such a great age to take on outings like that. As much as I'm glad to have Baby B, I find myself really missing those kinds of times with Big Brother. I'm glad you and Emily got to have a special day.
Post a Comment
<< Home