The things they come up with
It's so funny when little kids catch phrases that adults use and try to throw them into their conversations. Emily is doing that quite a bit these days.
This morning she was talking about how she didn't sleep in her big girl bed all night. She has been pretty consistently, but she woke up with a bad dream last night. During our conversation I asked her, "Aren't you supposed to sleep in your big girl bed?"
She said, "I suppose so..."
The other day we were talking about how old people were. I asked Emily how old she thought I was, and she answered, "2 years old." When I asked her how old Mema (my mom) is, she said, "I don't know about that!"
She's like my little parrot. It's so funny.
Em's never been one to care too much about what clothes I choose for her, but I guess she really wanted to do it all on her own today. If I don't get a shower before Jim leaves for work, I'll usually jump in as soon as Alex goes down for his morning nap. So Emily was pretty engrossed with Little Bear this morning, and I told her I was going to take a quick shower. She usually doesn't move a muscle in the entire 2 minutes I'm in the shower.
I looked towards the living room when I came out of the bathroom, and I saw a pile of clothes there: Emily's pjs, the pull-up she wore last night, and a couple of outfits that had been in her drawers. I found Emily in her bedroom, with no clothes on, fighting to close the dresser drawer.
I said, "Whatcha doin'?" She told me she was getting dressed, than ran to the living room yelling, " Come see, Mom!"
She very proudly showed me the clothes she'd picked out for the day, and they even matched!
This morning she was talking about how she didn't sleep in her big girl bed all night. She has been pretty consistently, but she woke up with a bad dream last night. During our conversation I asked her, "Aren't you supposed to sleep in your big girl bed?"
She said, "I suppose so..."
The other day we were talking about how old people were. I asked Emily how old she thought I was, and she answered, "2 years old." When I asked her how old Mema (my mom) is, she said, "I don't know about that!"
She's like my little parrot. It's so funny.
Em's never been one to care too much about what clothes I choose for her, but I guess she really wanted to do it all on her own today. If I don't get a shower before Jim leaves for work, I'll usually jump in as soon as Alex goes down for his morning nap. So Emily was pretty engrossed with Little Bear this morning, and I told her I was going to take a quick shower. She usually doesn't move a muscle in the entire 2 minutes I'm in the shower.
I looked towards the living room when I came out of the bathroom, and I saw a pile of clothes there: Emily's pjs, the pull-up she wore last night, and a couple of outfits that had been in her drawers. I found Emily in her bedroom, with no clothes on, fighting to close the dresser drawer.
I said, "Whatcha doin'?" She told me she was getting dressed, than ran to the living room yelling, " Come see, Mom!"
She very proudly showed me the clothes she'd picked out for the day, and they even matched!

1 Comments:
That's hilarious! Anna has started saying, "Perhaps..." WTG on getting dressing in a MATCHING outfit!
Post a Comment
<< Home