Friday, December 23, 2005

Stranger Anxiety

Well, stranger anxiety has appeared and has hit full-force. Unfortunately it happened last night, as Jim's parents got into town. Alex had just gotten over his hysterics from SIL's dog's incessant barking (it scared the crap out of Alex) when MIL and FIL walked in the door. He was especially unsure about Jim's dad, who has big glasses and a beard. He just kept crying, rocking back and forth in my arms, and clinging to me. Luckily he settled enough later to play on the floor with Jim's mom, and when it came time for a bottle he let her feed him. He also made quick friends with Jim's dad when he gave him fruit puffs, and then some cake.

He's normally such a happy, friendly little guy, so I'm glad they'll be here for awhile and will get to see him the way he usually is. I don't think it'll take long for him to warm up to them.


Emily was happy to see her Gramma and Papa, but she was even a little slow to give hugs and such. But she hasn't had a chance to grow up with them around here like her cousins have. They moved around the time I got pregnant with Emily. But we've been seeing them about 3 times a year, and Em's old enough now that she remembers them and talks about them.


Alex had his first Cheerios yesterday. The only ones we've had on hand are the Honey Nut Cheerios, so I didn't want to give him those. So I picked up some regular ones at the store and Alex loves them. That boy will eat anything, though, so I'm not surprised.

























My little man is getting so big...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What cute pics of Alex!!!

I know what you mean about the stranger anxiety; we worried about that with Scott's mom, since she lives in Texas and sees Ian very rarely. But, like Emily, now that he is getting older and has had the opportunity to see her a few times, he does remember her and talks about her when she's not here.

Hope you had a good Christmas!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Alex is a doll, Heather.

I just want to pinch those chubby cheeks!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home