Getting back to normal...
It seems all the sickness is working it's way outta here. Finally. Just when we thought we were done, Emily came down with a nasty cough just 2 or 3 days after getting rid of her nasty flu bug. So we started with the fever all over again, and she was just plain miserable. I was up with her for a good hour the first night because I couldn't get her fever to come down. Tylenol wasn't working, so I gave her some Ibuprofen. She was still on fire, so I unzipped her fleece jammies and ran a cool washcloth all over her. She was so out of it that she didn't even care. The fever started to come down after that. She had me worried there for a little bit.
So now she just has the lingering cough, but she's getting back to normal now. I wanted to take the kids to the library today, but it's closed for MLK day. Maybe tomorrow. It's been over a week since Emily has been out of the house. I think we're all a little stir crazy!
We'll finally be getting together with our playgroup this week as well. Every single one of the kids was sick with the same thing.
Jim and I have been talking about taking Alex for his first haircut very soon. He's starting to look like a little ragamuffin. It makes me sad in a way because my baby is soon going to look more like a little boy. But his hair is seriously driving me crazy. It's always falling over his ears and he just looks all disheveled and unkept.
When we take Alex for his cut, we'll have Emily's hair trimmed as well. We've never touched a hair on her head, but it's time. Her ends are getting pretty straggly, so we'll get 'em trimmed off just a bit.
We'll definitely have to take the video camera with us!
So now she just has the lingering cough, but she's getting back to normal now. I wanted to take the kids to the library today, but it's closed for MLK day. Maybe tomorrow. It's been over a week since Emily has been out of the house. I think we're all a little stir crazy!
We'll finally be getting together with our playgroup this week as well. Every single one of the kids was sick with the same thing.
Jim and I have been talking about taking Alex for his first haircut very soon. He's starting to look like a little ragamuffin. It makes me sad in a way because my baby is soon going to look more like a little boy. But his hair is seriously driving me crazy. It's always falling over his ears and he just looks all disheveled and unkept.
When we take Alex for his cut, we'll have Emily's hair trimmed as well. We've never touched a hair on her head, but it's time. Her ends are getting pretty straggly, so we'll get 'em trimmed off just a bit.
We'll definitely have to take the video camera with us!

2 Comments:
I am glad you are all starting to feel better. You went through a rough patch there Heather. Definitely takes pics of the haircuts. Seb's hair is a mess, but i can't bring myself to get it cut.
goodness heather - that was a rough go - but glad you are on the mend. Good luck with the haircuts :)
Post a Comment
<< Home