Is this a test?
What a week. I think this is the hardest week I've had yet in my 3 years of being a parent. Both kids were sick, as was Jim. I have somehow escaped getting sick so far, but I have found myself thinking selfish thoughts in the past few days. I'm so tired of cleaning up vomit and diarrhea, I'm tired of doing laundry, I'm just plain tired because I haven't gotten much sleep... It almost makes me want to get sick so I can get a break. Only that would have to happen on a weekend when Jim was home, of course.
Nah, I don't really want to be sick. And I like taking care of my family. I feel guilty for holding my own little pity party. I'm just... tired.
This too shall pass, right?
I called the ped this morning because Alex is still throwing up. This has been going on since last Friday. He's been back to his normal self for the past 2 or 3 days - no fever, happy as ever, still a bit of diarrhea, but that's not unexpected. I put him back on formula and he was doing great with it for hours and hours at a time. Evening comes and out of nowhere he's throwing up again. We're on day 3 of the mysterious vomiting.
The nurse in the office said it's not too uncommon for there to be some reoccurance with the vomiting. So we'll just watch him for a couple more days. I think he's alright. In the meantime, she said to keep him on the formula as opposed to the Pedialyte. He's holding most of it down just fine.
Emily started with the cough Jim's had all week. I've got Delsym on hand and she'll be getting a dose tonight before bed. She's starting to lose her voice a little bit, too. Otherwise she's doing great.
The weather here is crazy today. It's above 50 and so sunny. I took the kids for a walk after lunch. It was nice to get out and get some fresh air.
Nah, I don't really want to be sick. And I like taking care of my family. I feel guilty for holding my own little pity party. I'm just... tired.
This too shall pass, right?
I called the ped this morning because Alex is still throwing up. This has been going on since last Friday. He's been back to his normal self for the past 2 or 3 days - no fever, happy as ever, still a bit of diarrhea, but that's not unexpected. I put him back on formula and he was doing great with it for hours and hours at a time. Evening comes and out of nowhere he's throwing up again. We're on day 3 of the mysterious vomiting.
The nurse in the office said it's not too uncommon for there to be some reoccurance with the vomiting. So we'll just watch him for a couple more days. I think he's alright. In the meantime, she said to keep him on the formula as opposed to the Pedialyte. He's holding most of it down just fine.
Emily started with the cough Jim's had all week. I've got Delsym on hand and she'll be getting a dose tonight before bed. She's starting to lose her voice a little bit, too. Otherwise she's doing great.
The weather here is crazy today. It's above 50 and so sunny. I took the kids for a walk after lunch. It was nice to get out and get some fresh air.

2 Comments:
brutal. I hope you all get better soon... Ben did that when he was a baby - the two days no vomiting then it started again.... it was rotavirus... it DID pass... :)
get better soon!
That does sound horrible! Don't feel badly for feeling the way you do; I think we all go through those moments of questioning what we're doing. You're a wonderful mommy and wife, you'll get through this.
I hope the family is feeling much better today...
Post a Comment
<< Home