Saturday, January 07, 2006

Our turn for the yuckies

Jim and I went out to dinner last night and came home to Alex throwing up. Poor little guy had no idea what was going on, and he was so upset. I camped out with him in the living room so I could keep an eye on him. He wouldn't sleep, though. As it turned out, he just wanted to be in his bed. As soon as I laid him down he went right to sleep. It was about 3:30am when I got things set up in his room so I could sleep on the floor in there. I heard Emily start to cough and then gag at right about the same time. Dammit, she was throwing up too.

So Em slept with Daddy, and I slept in Alex's room. Then I switched with Jim because I was tired of lying on the floor, and I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. We're all so tired today.

Jim and I have both been feeling kinda rotten, but nothing's hit yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So today we've been pushing Pedialyte, and luckily both kids like the stuff (either that or they're so thirsty they'll drink anything). Alex is doing great with it and hasn't vomited since early this morning. Emily's not keeping things down as well, and we're only giving small sips here and there. Poor thing keeps begging for something to drink, but I know she'll throw it right back up if she drinks too much. Whatever this bug is has hit her a lot worse.

We were looking forward to a lazy weekend, but this isn't quite what we had in mind! Ha!

2 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

oh no! I really hope you all get better soon.
sorry heather.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

Oh, man, Heather! No fun! I hope the bug passes quickly and that you and Jim can skip most of it! Take care!

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home