Playmates
It's happening. Emily and Alex are starting to play together. And it's so cute!
Their newest thing is crawling up and down the hallway after each other. Alex will stop and turn around when he realizes Em's following him, and he just sits there and cracks up. Then he takes off so she can chase him again. It's so stinkin' cute.
Alex loves playing with balls now, and he loves to throw them. He and Emily were throwing little plastic balls back and forth to each other last night for a good 5 or 10 minutes.
Alex is also starting to copy Emily a bit. Emily was playing with her kitchen stuff the other day, and she was pretending to stir something in her little plastic pot. She gave Alex a spoon and a pot, and he started doing what his big sister was doing.
I love watching them together.
Em was upset last night and had been crying. She sat down on the floor in the living room and Alex crawled over to her. He buried his face into her and hugged her, and Emily said, "Thanks buddy. I really needed that. I was sad." I asked her why she was sad and she said, "I was crying because I was sad, and Alex hugged me and made me feel all better."
Jim and I looked at each other and did a collective "awwwwww!" They melt our hearts.
So I got a bit of a compliment from my BIL yesterday. He just got engaged on New Year's Eve, and he's getting married in September. He called yesterday to ask me if I would take their engagement pictures because they like the pictures I've taken.
I'm happy to do it, but I'm kind of dreading it in a way. My 3 year old camera is no where near good enough to take professional-looking pictures, and I've been wanting a new one for awhile. Hopefully Jim can borrow the really nice Canon that they have at work.
Jim says to just take the pictures and see how they come out. I just don't want to take a bunch of crappy pictures and be like "Oh sorry, you think I take good pics, but these are crap. Sorry to waste your time." If they want indoor pictures, we're going to have to get lucky enough to get really good lighting. I do occasionally get some good pics of the kids, but again, I get lucky with the lighting sometimes.
I so want a new camera. Before Christmas I told Jim not to spend anymore money on me and a camera can be Christmas/Valentine's Day/Birthday/Mother's Day and then some, all wrapped into one. I don't think he gets it.
Their newest thing is crawling up and down the hallway after each other. Alex will stop and turn around when he realizes Em's following him, and he just sits there and cracks up. Then he takes off so she can chase him again. It's so stinkin' cute.
Alex loves playing with balls now, and he loves to throw them. He and Emily were throwing little plastic balls back and forth to each other last night for a good 5 or 10 minutes.
Alex is also starting to copy Emily a bit. Emily was playing with her kitchen stuff the other day, and she was pretending to stir something in her little plastic pot. She gave Alex a spoon and a pot, and he started doing what his big sister was doing.
I love watching them together.
Em was upset last night and had been crying. She sat down on the floor in the living room and Alex crawled over to her. He buried his face into her and hugged her, and Emily said, "Thanks buddy. I really needed that. I was sad." I asked her why she was sad and she said, "I was crying because I was sad, and Alex hugged me and made me feel all better."
Jim and I looked at each other and did a collective "awwwwww!" They melt our hearts.
So I got a bit of a compliment from my BIL yesterday. He just got engaged on New Year's Eve, and he's getting married in September. He called yesterday to ask me if I would take their engagement pictures because they like the pictures I've taken.
I'm happy to do it, but I'm kind of dreading it in a way. My 3 year old camera is no where near good enough to take professional-looking pictures, and I've been wanting a new one for awhile. Hopefully Jim can borrow the really nice Canon that they have at work.
Jim says to just take the pictures and see how they come out. I just don't want to take a bunch of crappy pictures and be like "Oh sorry, you think I take good pics, but these are crap. Sorry to waste your time." If they want indoor pictures, we're going to have to get lucky enough to get really good lighting. I do occasionally get some good pics of the kids, but again, I get lucky with the lighting sometimes.
I so want a new camera. Before Christmas I told Jim not to spend anymore money on me and a camera can be Christmas/Valentine's Day/Birthday/Mother's Day and then some, all wrapped into one. I don't think he gets it.

1 Comments:
You're making my uterus hurt. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home